We are looking for a new Social Media Manager to handle the role of social media liaison for our website! Our current Social Media Manager, Mike (myself), is planning a leave for various personal reasons and to pursue other opportunities.
Enough with the formalities! Yes, I’m leaving NintendoFuse and it is for various reasons. As a lot of you may know I’m the face behind all the hashtags, lame jokes, and hilariously bad memes. On occasion I handle the live tweets of various events including Directs. Officially, I am finished February 2020, pending how long it takes for us to find a suitable replacement.
I will assist in the interviews for this position as it’s very much a hands-on job. We want someone with a good sense of morals, a high class social repose, and so on. There is an obvious elephant in the room, and that is that this job is 100% volunteer. So don’t commit unless you have the time that you can spare. However, you do get the added benefit of being able to review games! Who doesn’t like a game in exchange for your honest and well written opinion on said game?
- Weekly Nintendo Downloads. Written on website, every Thursday
- Post articles to Facebook and Twitter
- Parley with the community through post, streams, etc.
- Promote our content (Industry Talk, Game Chats, Video Reviews)
- Run social media based contests
- Write articles and editorials when available
- Review games (video or text) when available
- Live-tweet various Nintendo events (if you have the time)
- Previous Social Media Management experience
- Knowledge of social trends and metrics
- Knowledge of Nintendo hardware, games and history
- Writing experience
If you meet all these or some of these qualifications. Send myself or Steve a cover letter, an example of some of your written work, and your resume. Our emails are below.