The holiday times are upon us, which means many of you will be shopping very soon. Maybe you have a number of people to whom you are planning to give gifts, or perhaps you are just purchasing for yourself this year.
Either way, there is a good chance you will be looking for some great gaming gift ideas. If you’re looking to buy for a man in your life who’s potentially in his seventies or above, you may want to consider giftunicorn for some inspirational ideas as it’s quite likely video games just won’t cut it and you’ll want to get him something age-appropriate.
What are you asking for this year? Personally, I am asking my family and friends to get me some new artwork for my gaming room! I have just redecorated it with some fantastic new furniture so I would like a few pieces of art to hang on the walls to finish it off. I love anything that looks vintage, so I have been sending everyone some of the best vintage art posters Australia has to offer as hints. Who knows, my family and friends might even surprise me and find a vintage poster that I have never seen before!
Anyway, this year, the team at NintendoFuse has put together a list of must-have gifts for the gamer in your life, even if that is you! We’ve separated the list into three basic categories: games, accessories, and others.
According to Coolest Gadgets , cloud gaming is now a popular way to play video games. They suggest that for a small monthly payment you’ll get access to a virtual machine that will run pretty much every modern game so it really depends how much gaming your gift receiver is wanting to do. If they’re game crazy, cloud gaming seems like a new cool way to play.
Before we jump into those, though, check out these bundles Nintendo is offering for those who do not yet have a Switch or 3DS:
- Fortnite – Nintendo Switch Bundle
- Mario Kart 7 – New Nintendo 2DS XL Bundle
- Mario Kart 8 – Nintendo Switch Bundle
- Mario Tennis Aces – Nintendo Switch Bundle
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – Nintendo 2DS Bundle
- Super Mario Maker – Nintendo 2DS Bundle
- Detective Pikachu (3DS/2DS)
- Diablo III (Switch)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Switch)
- Fire Emblem Fates (3DS/2DS)
- Kirby Star Allies (Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS/2DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
- Luigi’s Mansion (3DS/2DS)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS/2DS)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
- Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)
- Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS/2DS)
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
- Nintendo Labo Kits (Switch)
- Octopath Traveler (Switch)
- Pokémon Let’s Go (Switch)
- Pokkén Tournament DX (Switch)
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Switch)
- Super Mario Maker (3DS/2DS)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
- Super Mario Party bundle with Green/Yellow Joy-Con (Switch)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country (Switch)
- 8Bitdo NES/SNES controller for Nintendo Switch
- GameCube Controller & Adapter for Nintendo Switch
- HyperX Cloud Mix headset
- microSD card for Nintendo Switch or 3DS/2DS
- Nintendo eShop cards
- Nintendo Switch dock and power cable
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charge Grip
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
- Nintendo Switch or Nintendo 3DS/2DS protective travel case
- Poké Ball Plus (for Pokémon Let’s Go)
- PowerA wired controller for Nintendo Switch
- Build-A-Bear Mario/Pokémon characters
- Mario and Zelda artwork/paintings
- Monopoly Gamer Edition board game
- Nintendo-themed shirts, socks, and other clothing
- World of Nintendo figures
What are you hoping to buy this year? Did it make our list? Let us know in the comments below.
No matter what you end up buying this year, for yourself or for others, we here at NintendoFuse hope you have a great holiday season. And if you are out for Black Friday, please remember to be courteous and kind when looking for the best deals. You may even want to bring your Switch or 2DS/3DS along to play with others in line!
Steve is the Senior Editor of NintendoFuse and co-host of the NintendoFuse Podcast. He’s been a Nintendo gamer since age 6 and has been on staff with NintendoFuse since 2008.