One of the simplest but important new features of the Nintendo Switch is the way you can easily take a screenshot of almost anything at any time. Just push the button on the Left Joy-Con or Pro Controller, and a full resolution image of your current screen is saved to an album.
That’s cool and all, but what now? Maybe you want to share it with some friends on social media. Or maybe you’re looking to establish yourself as a gamer on platforms like Twitch and YouTube? As well as using sites like https://useviral.com/ to grow your following (if that’s what you’re aiming for), you’re going to want to figure out how to share these pictures. The good news is that Nintendo has built that right into the album app. The bad news is that it is not incredibly obvious how to access it. That’s where we come in!
Here’s a quick guide to sharing screenshots from your Nintendo Switch!
- Take a screenshot. In order for this to work, you have to have at least one screenshot in your album.
- Open up your album by tapping the blue “album” button on the Switch home screen. Currently, it is the third small button under the row of games.
- Select a photo you want to share by tapping on it or selecting it with the A button.
- Once the screenshot is fullscreen, you will need to access the “Editing and Posting” menu by tapping on the option the bottom right of the screen or pushing the A button again.
- At this point, you can add text on top of the screenshot by choosing “Add Text,” but if you are ready to post it as is, just choose “Post.”
- If you have not previously connected your social media accounts to your Nintendo account, you will need to do this first before posting.
- If you have already connected your accounts, just choose the social media you want to use.
- On the next screen, you can add a caption or comment and then post it.
- If you want to change the posting location, just hit the “Change Posting Location” button.
For those of you who prefer pictures to guide you, we’ve got that too! Here’s a slideshow showing the process of sharing screenshots on your Nintendo Switch:
That’s it! Once you have done it once or twice, you’ll be a pro at sharing screenshots (and eventually video) on your Nintendo Switch that you’ll wonder why you ever struggled with it in the first place!
Do you have some great screenshots you want to share with us? Post the links in the comments! We’d love to see your creations!!
Steve is the Senior Editor of NintendoFuse and co-host of the NintendoFuse Podcast. He’s been a Nintendo gamer since age 6 and has been on staff with NintendoFuse since 2008.