Lately, it seems that whenever Luigi encounters a giant building, it is bound to be haunted, even on vacation. During Nintendo’s Direct and Treehouse Live presentations at E3 2019, we found out that his latest ghostly mansion experience occurs after he gets an invitation to a luxurious hotel.
Of course, it has all been setup by King Boo, who just wants to capture Mario and all his friends. Luckily, Professor E. Gadd has a new Poltergust, entitled the G-00, to help Luigi defeat the ghosts and save his friends.
The multiplayer mode is also back in ScareScraper, which will allow up to eight players on four Switch systems to take on floors of ghosts together. You can play this mode in local multiplayer, but if you have a Nintendo Online account, you can also play with others online.
Here are a few highlighted game features from Nintendo:
• He may still be cowardly, but Luigi has more tools and abilities at his disposal than ever before. Master Luigi’s new powerful moves of Slam, Suction Shot and Burst
• Team up with Professor E. Gadd’s latest invention, Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger able to slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and otherwise help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone
• Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each at the same time
• Explore the Last Resort, ascending through its differently themed floors full of quirky contraptions and haunting enemies
• Race the timer with up to 8 players to clear objectives on a series of floors in the ScareScraper[Source: Nintendo of America Press Release]
You can play Luigi’s Mansion 3 on your Nintendo Switch when it launches later in 2019.
What do you think of this game so far? Let us know what you think in the comment section down below.
Steve is the Senior Editor of NintendoFuse and co-host of the NintendoFuse Podcast. He’s been a Nintendo gamer since age 6 and has been on staff with NintendoFuse since 2008.