Yesterday Nintendo made a number of huge announcements for the upcoming RPGs arriving on the Nintendo 3DS. Here is a summary of those details:
- Special edition of Fire Emblem Fates New Nintendo 3DS console for $199.99 (game not included) and available to purchase Feb 19.
- Special edition of Bravely Second: End Layer New Nintendo 3DS console for $199.99 (game not included)
- Fire Emblem Fates will be available for purchase on Feb 19
- Upon completing Chapter 6, players can purchase the other title (Birthright or Conquest – whichever one they didn’t initially buy) for $19.99
- The third portion Fire Emblem: Revelations will be available as DLC starting at $19.99 on March 10
- A special edition of the game will include all three games on a single 3DS cart, an art book and 3DS XL pouch will be available for $79.99 on Feb 19
- DLC will be supported. The first map will be distributed on Feb 19. A “Map Pack 1” purchase for $17.99 will allow the player to download all maps when they are available. This price is a discount than if the player is purchases all maps individually.
- Bravely Second: End Layer will launch for the Nintendo 3DS on April 15.
- A collector’s edition will also be available to purchase that day
- Collector’s edition will cost $69.99, and includes the game, ten song soundtrack and a 250 page art book
- A demo will be available in the eShop prior to the launch of the game. Demo to have a unique storyline and as with the original Bravely Default game, particular save data from the played demo will transfer over to the game.
Finally, a reminder that other RPGs are still on the way including:
- Final Fantasy Explorers – available Jan 26
- Project X Zone 2 – available Feb 16
- Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, as well as Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition available on the eShop on Feb 27
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past will launch this summer
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King will come later this year.
That’s a lot of RPG goodness! Any game(s) you are planning to purchase? Let us know in the comments below!