Nintendo & LEGO Group announced a brand new range of sets and characters for the LEGO® Super Mario™ experience which launched earlier this year and is set to release at the start of 2021.
The Master Your Adventure Maker Set is a creative toolbox, which allows children to completely customize LEGO Super Mario building, play time and ways to earn coins. Children can change how LEGO Mario reacts to three Special Bricks, offering variety in play, excitement and an element of surprise by using the Customization Machine. There will be a Start Pipe which will shuffle known rules of the level play. Less time will equal increased rewards. Other sets introduced today are the Chain Chomp Jungle Encounter Expansion Set, the Piranha Plant Puzzling Challenge Expansion Set, the Wiggler’s Poison Swamp Expansion Set, Penguin Mario Power-Up Pack and the Tanooki Mario Power-Up Pack.
For Series 2 of LEGO Mario Character Packs, there will be ten brand new collectible, buildable characters. Fans could be getting a Huckit Crab, Spiny Cheep Cheep, Ninji, Foo, Parachute Goomba, Fly Guy, Poison Mushroom, Para-Beetle, Thwimp or a Bone Goomba. These new sets give players the ability to have LEGO Mario can slide on his belly as Penguin Mario or spin round as Tanooki Mario to defeat classic enemies new to LEGO Mario. Beloved enemies including the Piranha-Plants, Larry, a Goomba, Wiggler, and Koopa Paratroopa will be introduced and can be defeated or played with for coin rewards.
The recommended retail price for the sets will be:
- 71380 LEGO® Super Mario™ Master Your Adventure Maker Set (366 Pieces) 59.99 USD/EUR
- 71381 LEGO® Super Mario™ Chain Chomp Jungle Encounter Expansion Set (160 Pieces) 19.99 USD/ 24.99 EUR
- 71382 LEGO® Super Mario™ Piranha Plant Puzzling Challenge Expansion Set (267 Pieces) 29.99 USD/EUR
- 71383 LEGO® Super Mario™ Wiggler’s Poison Swamp Expansion Set (374 Pieces) 39.99 USD/EUR
- 71384 LEGO® Super Mario™ Penguin Mario Power-Up Pack (18 Pieces) 9.99 USD/EUR
- 71385 LEGO® Super Mario™ Tanooki Mario Power-Up Pack (13 Pieces) 9.99 USD/EUR
- 71386 LEGO® Super Mario™ Character Packs – Series 2 4.99 USD/3.99 EUR
These new sets for LEGO Mario will release January 1, 2021 across LEGO brand retail stores, LEGO.com, and from select retailers.
Are you excited for these new LEGO Mario sets? Feel free to comment below!
Dave’s first Nintendo platform was the GameCube when he was age 7; however, he was introduced to Nintendo through Duck Hunt on NES.