Niantic just released the latest update to Pokémon GO, making it version 0.33.0 on both iOS and Android. Among the updates and improvements are some steps to prevent playing and driving, which is sure to be an ongoing issue. If you are moving at a higher speed, you must confirm that you are a passenger. Of course, you have no way of proving this. It is just one more layer of precaution that might help make the roads safer.
They have also fixed some issues with throws and medal icons. You can now change your nickname one time, and some players will have the ability to test out a new nearby system that may replace the old (now disabled) one. And for those wanting battery saver back on iOS, your wish has been granted.
Here are the full release notes from the development team:
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed. Trainers must confirm they are not driving in order to continue playing.
- Made improvements to the accuracy of a curveball throw
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses.
- Fixed achievements showing incorrect Medal icons.
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time. Please choose your new nickname wisely.
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature.
- Added visuals of Team Leaders Candela, Blanche, and Spark.
- We’re currently testing a variation of the “Nearby Pokémon” feature with a subset of users. During this period you may see some variation in the nearby Pokémon UI.
- Minor text fixes
What do you think of this update? Let us know in the comments!