The long awaited updated that brings camera control options two months after release also arrives with something else.
In late October, it was announced by Nintendo that a new update would add a new inverted camera control setting for all three games. That update is finally especially for you Super Mario Sunshine fans. Speaking of Sunshine, it turns this update brings something else with it: GameCube controller support.
Here are the full patch notes from Nintendo:
- Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original GameCube release.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is supported only in TV mode.
- You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch system. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
- All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.”
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is available now for the Nintendo Switch (until March 31, 2021).
Dave’s first Nintendo platform was the GameCube when he was age 7; however, he was introduced to Nintendo through Duck Hunt on NES.