Only seven titles for today, including Virtual Console games and more!
The scales remain tipped in the Wii U’s favor in today’s Nintendo Download. In fact, counting both technicalities, the 3DS has zero unique titles in today’s update. Why is that? Well, let’s dive right in!
Featuring on the 3DS side is the release of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. I counted this as a the first technicality as this same title will release on Wii U on June 24. You can say that is months away, but I say it’s not much of a unique title to the 3DS as the majority of the features will be seen later this year on Wii U. Also, Fire Emblem Fates fans will be happy to see that a new map is available at the dragon gate. This week’s map is Royal Royale. The last item to drop on the 3DS is Mutant Mudds Super Challenge. Max is back in this powered up version of Mutant Mudds which now includes boss fights! That’s not all as when you buy either the Wii U version or the 3DS version you will get the other copy free via cross-buy! You can also save 15% if you own the original Mutant Mudds game or played the demo that came out during E3 last year on Wii U. Since both games on 3DS will also be available on Wii U is why the 3DS is lacking in exclusive titles this week.
Joining Mutant Mudds Super Challenge on the Wii U is a pair of virtual console games. The NES classics DIG DUG II and City Connection are now available for purchase. Also featured on Wii U is Pokkén Tournament. Pit your Pokemon against each other in action-packed battles in the arena. Jeremy is reviewing this one so stay tuned to NintendoFuse to see his thoughts on the game! Also dropping on the Wii U is Bird Mania Party and U Host.
As always, you can check out the full list of all new releases, prices, discounts, and more below. Be sure to share your thoughts on this week’s downloads, and let us know if you plan on downloading any of them.
New on the eShop for Wii U:
- Pokkén Tournament — $59.99 *Available March 18*
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge — $9.99 *Includes 3DS version*
- DIG DUG II — $4.99
- City Connection — $4.99
- Bird Mania Party — $1.99
- U Host — $12.99
New on the eShop for 3DS:
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games — $39.99 *Available March 18*
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge — $9.99 *Includes Wii U version*
- Fire Emblem Fates Map DLC
- Royal Royale – $2.49
- Map Pack 1 – $17.99
New themes for Nintendo 3DS (Prices $1.99):
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Light & Twilight
Featured eShop Sales and Discounts on 3DS & Wii U:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- OlliOlli (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U) and more games from Curve Digital are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- 3D Game Collection (Nintendo 3DS), Island Flight Simulator (Wii U) and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is 65 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
- Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
- Blocky Bot and Paper Monsters Recut from Mobot Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Parking Star 3D, Quell Reflect and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 24.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 28.
- SmileBASIC is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
- Rytmik Ultimate is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $17.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Runny Egg, Ninja Battle Heroes and more games from Tom Create are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Johnny’s Payday Panic is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
[Source: PR Email from Nintendo of America]