We recently reported that My Nintendo Accounts could be created mid-February, which actually turned out to be yesterday. However, today we got an official press release confirming previously reported information. Here’s a summary:
- When creating a My Nintendo Account, you can pre-register Miitomo, the new mobile app for IOS and Android.
- By pre-registering, you will get a notification when it will be made available to download.
- The pre-register period will end when the game launches
- Those that pre-registered the game will be signed up to receive Platinum Points – which is part of the new reward program.
- You begin by creating a Mii character. Like on 3DS or Wii U, you can also take a picture and it will be immediately transformed into a character.
- Already have a Mii character? You can import it from your Nintendo console.
- Once your character is ready, you can add friends.
- Friends can be acquired from Facebook, Twitter, or even when hanging out with your friends.
- You will learn more about your friends since you will be prompted questions to trigger discussions.
- Your Mii character will be traveling with your friends.
- When users hear how their friends responded to questions, they can give it a heart or comment through text or with a picture.
- You can and create photos with your Mii in Miifoto, and you can share the photos in Miitomo, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You will earn Miitomo coins while experiencing the app. These coins can be used to purchase outfits – including shorts, pants, socks, shirts, shoes, accessories and hats. Or full costumes such as a bear costume, pirate costume or hot dog costume.
- Don’t want to earn those coins? You can purchase them via in-app purchases.
[Sources: Official press release and Miitomo website]