Once upon a time, the NES Online app gained new games each month. Since the launch of the SNES Online app, though, Nintendo has not updated either with new games… until this month.
On December 12, 2019, we will get four more SNES games and two more NES games. This brings the total SNES games to 24 and NES games to 50. Check out the list below the video for more information, provided by Nintendo of America via press release.
- Star Fox™ 2 – This 3D rail-shooter and second installment of the Star Foxseries was first designed for Super NES, but went unreleased until it appeared on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System™: Super NES Classic Edition system in 2017. This time, Emperor Andross is on a crusade to conquer the Lylat system and the Star Fox team itself. After a long wait, Star Fox is back in action.
- Super Punch-Out!!™ – Featuring the tight gameplay and humor the series is known for, this sequel to the NES classic sees Little Mac return to the ring with the World Video Boxing Association belt once again at stake.
- Kirby Super Star™ – That awful King Dedede is at it again – he’s stolen all the food in Dream Land. It’s up to Kirby to get it back and ultimately save Popstar from being taken over. There’s never a dull moment as Kirby dashes, flies and fights!
- Breath of Fire II – Set 500 years after the original, take on the role of Ryu, the last member of the Dragon Clan. A cast of unusual and exciting companions join you in your adventures across a wondrous land full of magic and mystery.
- Crystalis – An epic story for action-RPG fans is ready to unfold. Set in a world where civilization lies in ruins, the young protagonist awakes from cryogenic sleep and the adventure begins. Collect the Sword of Wind and venture into the unknown.
- Journey to Silius – Join Jay on his run-and-gun mission to take down the mechanical army responsible for his father’s death. Defeat endless waves of attack robots and fulfill his father’s dream of developing a space colony in the Silius Solar System.
Also according to Nintendo’s press release, “To celebrate the inclusion of 50 NES games, Nintendo is offering a 50% discount on a set of Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers* that are compatible with Nintendo Switch.” From December 5, 2019, through January 10, 2020, paying members can purchase the controllers for $29.99.
What games are you most excited about playing? And will you be purchasing the NES controllers? Let us know in the comments below!
Steve is the Senior Editor of NintendoFuse and co-host of the NintendoFuse Podcast. He’s been a Nintendo gamer since age 6 and has been on staff with NintendoFuse since 2008.