Following the reveal of Bravely Default 2’s new release date, the developers discuss the game’s improvements following the test demo.
According to the game’s producer, Masashi Takahashi, the demo which released back in March was downloaded over 1 million times. They received over 22,000 responses in one month with close to 10,000 of them being from the U.S., 7,000 from Europe, and 5,000 from Japan. Many of the responses referred to the high difficulty and issues with usability.
After all that feedback, Takahashi and his team made the following the changes:
- Difficulty options added
- Early part of game easier while still retaining challenges of big battles
- Turn gauges and exclamation points added
- Ability to skip battle intro scenes added
- Easier to see who can act and more detailed battle info
- Monster movement speed and behavior adjusted
- Weaker enemies run away, while stronger glow red
- Underdog bonus added
- Sword swing action now easier to use
- Fonts and background colors adjusted
- UI has been redesigned
- Tricky control assignments have been rethought
- Various game settings added
- Jobs have been made easier to view and manage in the menu
Full video can be found here.
Bravely Default 2 was revealed at last year’s Game Awards for a 2020 release. The game is now slated for February 26, 2021.
Dave’s first Nintendo platform was the GameCube when he was age 7; however, he was introduced to Nintendo through Duck Hunt on NES.