Today, Nintendo published a Nintendo Direct focused primarily on Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch. The game will launch on June 28, 2019, and now we know it will feature a ton more course parts and tools, brand new themes, a story mode, and more. We also found out it will include cool options for online sharing of courses you create. There are even special offers coming soon for Nintendo Online members. On top of all this, Nintendo is planning a Super Mario Maker 2 tournament for the weekend before E3 2019, alongside their already mentioned Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournaments.
Electronic sports, such as Super Mario 2, are a new breed of sports that necessitate a basic understanding of electronic devices such as computers, tablets, and iPads, as well as the software that runs on them. The world of Esports revolves around two main goals: first, to have fun, and second, to win money. And when betting is fun (you win, of course), every other aspect of the game improves. As a result, you can look at a variety of tips and eSports info that will undoubtedly enhance your enjoyment while also improving your eSports winning score. Learning these tricks may also help you win the brand new Super Mario 2 game. However, you might need a fast, stable internet connection in order to perform and enjoy the above activities. For that, you would have to look for a reliable internet service provider, similar to Mediacom internet or the others in your city that can ensure your connectivity and entertainment when you need it most. If you are looking for a more affordable option, you can also bundle cable TV and high-speed internet provided by certain ISPs. That way, you can enjoy both lag-free gaming online and watching your favorite cable channels whenever you want. For instance, if you are interested in using a bundled plan, you can have a look at ATT Bundles or similar plans that can provide a combined plan of live TV with unlimited internet.
Increasing your Instagram followers is another way to make money online by using your playing skills. You can have a personal account where you can post about the battles or championships that you will be participating in. The more viewers you have, the more money you’ll make from the channel. However, you must have a large number of Instagram followers to do so. If you are still unable to build a following no matter whatever you do, you can look for websites that can provide you with information about – how to buy Instagram followers to give your account the needed boost. Its numbers may entice genuine viewers and players who wish to learn from you.
Check out the full video presentation below, as well as more details from the official press release. And be sure to let us know in the comments what you think about all they revealed today.
Watch the Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Direct:
Details from the Official Press Release:
- What’s New?: There are a ton of new course parts, tools and features for creators to use in Super Mario Maker 2, some of which include:
- Slopes – Create angled surfaces by just picking a direction and setting the length. Gentler slopes are an additional option.
- Angry Sun – Remember the angry sun that attacked Mario in the Super Mario Bros. 3 game? It’s back and ready to put the pressure on players in this new game.
- ON/OFF Switch – Hit an ON/OFF Switch, and all the red and blue blocks in the course will swap! Setting them up wisely will help players create tricky puzzles and obstacles.
- Water Level – The water level in Super Mario Maker 2 can be adjusted in the Forest theme, so only half the course can be underwater if that’s what the player wants. Water can even be set to rise and fall at different speeds over time.
- Banzai Bill – The red variations of these classic Super Mario enemies have a homing function, and chase poor Mario wherever he goes.
- Co-op Making: Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to create a course together, side by side.
- To Be Continued…: There are more secrets in Super Mario Maker 2. Players will have a blast experimenting with all the tools and features they can use to create.
- Story Mode: In the single-player Story Mode, which can be played entirely offline, Mario sets out to help rebuild Princess Peach’s castle. To fund this reconstruction project, he needs to collect Coins, which he can earn by accepting jobs from the bulletin board and completing the associated courses. Story Mode is a great way for makers to get inspired, with more than 100 original Nintendo-crafted courses to play.
- New Course Themes: In addition to all the course themes from the original game, players will be able to create and play courses using the Desert, Snow, Forest and Sky themes. These themes feature new music by veteran Super Mario series composer Koji Kondo. The new Moon course part can be used to unlock night versions of themes. Depending on the theme used, wild things will happen at night, including floating Goombas, dimmed lighting in the Ghost House and sandstorms in the Desert. Some items might even transform in the nighttime…
- Super Mario 3D World: Players can choose to create their courses in the style of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, New Super Mario Bros. U games and a new one based on Super Mario 3D World. Some new features unique to this style include:
- Cat Mario – Cat Mario can climb walls, scratch, slide and pounce on enemies. Players can even use Cat Mario to climb up the Goal Pole!
- Clear Pipe – Clear Pipes can be placed in any shape the player wants, but they have to be careful, as enemies can also slide through them.
- Koopa Troopa Car – Hop in this sweet ride and zoom through the course. Players just have to make sure not to crash!
- Track Block – The Track Block will follow any path the player draws. The blue one starts moving when the player steps on it.
- Piranha Creeper – The Piranha Creeper follows the path that the player draws, extending its dangerous spiky stem around the course.
- Who’s Who in Super Mario 3D World?: A cast of other familiar faces will also make appearances in Super Mario Maker 2, so players are in for a treat!
- Course World: An online hub where players can play and share courses, as well as play together, Course World is available for players around the world who have a membership to Nintendo Switch Online. Players can browse by Popular Courses, New Courses or even search for specific tags like “puzzle-solving” or “autoscroll” using a set of filters. Once a course is downloaded, it can be played anytime – including offline! Players can also personalize their Mii character’s appearance using items like shirts and hats that unlock after completing various objectives. In Endless Challenge, players will try to complete as many Course World courses as possible on the difficulty of their choice before getting a game over. Earning impressive scores in this mode might even get the player on the Leaderboards!
- Play Together: In Course World, players can play courses with people all over the world. When playing with four players, players play as Mario, Luigi, Toad or Toadette.
- Multiplayer Versus – Four players face off in a side-scrolling showdown in this online multiplayer mode. Each player will be assigned a different character, then race each other in a randomly selected course. The player who clears the course first wins and increases their Versus Rating.
- Multiplayer Co-op – In this online mode, up to four players must work together to beat the course. If one player finishes it, everyone wins!
- Nearby Play – If up to four players each own a Nintendo Switch system and the Super Mario Maker 2 game, one can set up a virtual room that the others in the same location can join to play together on their own systems. Only the player setting up the room needs an internet connection.
- Super Mario Maker 2 + Nintendo Switch Online Bundle: Launching in stores and digitally in Nintendo eShop on June 28 in addition to the stand-alone game, this bundle includes the Super Mario Maker 2 game and a 12-month Individual Membership to Nintendo Switch Online at a suggested retail price of $69.99, a $9.99 savings off of the suggested retail price when purchasing each separately. Remember: A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the game’s online features.
- Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers – For $99.99, fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a set of two Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers from Nintendo eShop. For a limited time, players can redeem these vouchers for two eligible digital games in Nintendo eShop. For example, players can pre-purchase Super Mario Maker 2 and also grab another fun game like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey, Yoshi’s Crafted World or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. By redeeming these vouchers, users are saving up to $19.99 on the combined suggested retail price of two games. Vouchers are redeemable for one year from the date of purchase and don’t have to be used at the same time. For more information about this limited-time special offer, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/.
- Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019 – On June 8, four members of the Super Mario Maker community will compete in a variety of wild and unpredictable Super Mario Maker 2 courses designed by Nintendo’s Treehouse team. The event will open up the festivities at The Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, starting at 11 a.m. PT, and will be followed by the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 3v3 2019. For more information about the event, including ticketing information, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/.
For more information about Super Mario Maker 2, visit http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/.
[Source: Press release email from Nintendo of America & Nintendo Direct video from May 15, 2019]
Steve is the Senior Editor of NintendoFuse and co-host of the NintendoFuse Podcast. He’s been a Nintendo gamer since age 6 and has been on staff with NintendoFuse since 2008.