This update addressed the newest DLC character combat-wise…and also victory screen-wise.
Version 9.0 which brought Minecraft characters just released last week. It turns out that Minecraft has brought many glitches and exploits along with it.
Nintendo has released the full patch notes:
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.
One patch note Nintendo did not acknowledge was Steve’s meat in his victory screen being removed. The internet couldn’t help, but notice all week how Steve was holding his steak and it become a meme. That compromising position has now been removed in this latest update.
Minecraft Steve/Alex is now available to purchase as part of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
Dave’s first Nintendo platform was the GameCube when he was age 7; however, he was introduced to Nintendo through Duck Hunt on NES.